A Collaborative Tap Takeover: The Return of The Cleetus
Cleetus Friedman is known for his food. The man's a wizard in the kitchen and an ambassador for local farmers. He's also quite the accomplished brewer and has collaborated with several Midwest breweries to create unique and creative beers.
This Thursday you can taste several of these one-of-a-kind beers at the restaurant he now calls home, The Fountainhead, 1970 W. Montrose Ave. It's a complete tap takeover of Cleetus collaborations. He'll be taking off his chef coat for the evening and sharing a pint, or five, with you and many of his brewery partners. There will also be specials on some of his signature dishes, including Crab Cakes, Smoked Hummus, and Beer Braised Brisket. You can also get a pairing of whiskey and beer that complement each other.
The beers include:
- Barrel Aged Terminator X, Greenbush Brewing
- Loud Mouth Soup, Greenbush Brewing
- Chai Life, Greenbush Brewing
- Testudo, Two Brothers Brewing
- Scary Jesus Rockstar, Dark Horse Brewing
- Flat Sammich, Dark Horse Brewing
- Sarsaparilla Six Stout, Dark Horse Brewing
- Date Sugar Yeast Magik, Pipeworks Brewing
- 27 Blocks, Lake Effect Brewing
- Bbl Aged Rosemary's Red Devil, Haymarket Brewing
- Comb the Dessert, Begyle Brewing
- Woodford Reserve Barrel Aged Anaphylaxis, Solemn Oath Brewery
- August Hill Cabernet Franc Barrel Aged Anaphylaxis, Solemn Oath Brewery
The event starts at 7 p.m. Head to the bar, grab a beer, and say hello to Chef Cleetus. He'll be the one in the Sweatsedo suit (don't ask).